Cambridge University Press is an educational publisher with a strong global presence. Through its company based in Cape Town, Cambridge University Press South Africa publishes and sells school textbooks for local curricula across sub-Saharan Africa.
We are looking to appoint an Animation and Design Intern to join our Publishing team, reporting to the Publishing Manager. The position is based in Cape Town but can be remote, therefore candidates in other locations in South Africa will be considered.
In this role, the incumbent will join a small team that handles a wide publishing programme for multiple markets across sub-Saharan Africa. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to share and grow their skills in 2D animation (motion graphics) and video production, gain exposure to a range of business functions, and collaborate across commissioning teams to develop pedagogically-sound video assets to complement and extend the content in the textbook.
- Plan, develop and adapt education animations (motion graphics) as briefed, according to commissioning guidelines.
- Support the Publishing team in planning, developing and delivering product, admin, and research.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and other formal and informal meetings, and mentoring sessions.
- In consultation with the line manager, complete relevant courses and certifications, and participate in peer-to-peer skills training and departmental training sessions.
- Maintain a Portfolio of Evidence and Personal File.
- Proficient in 2D animation(motion graphics) software e.g. Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and MS Teams.
- Experience in online video and file transfer platforms is beneficial.
- Ability to work remotely and access reliable internet, but also travel to the office from time to time as needed (especially initially).
- Confident, e.g. able to give an opinion, take critical feedback and contribute to problem-solving.
- Proactive, e.g. take initiative to upskill, ask questions, dig deeper and explore trends.
- Willing to try new things, e.g. take on tasks beyond just animation and design, and adapt to changing processes.
- Organised, e.g. able to plan time effectively, meet deadlines, and maintain admin.
- Team player, e.g. supportive of team members, collaborative, willing to be part of company culture.
To apply, send a copy of your CV and link to your portfolio (including motion graphics) to email@example.com by 9 December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.