Do you know all the question stems for each level of Bloom’s Taxonomy? If you’re teaching in the class or online, this is your resource!
Bloom’s Taxonomy question stems is a tool for educators that will help them create and scaffold questions to meet the needs of their learners. It can be challenging to know where to start when setting a question for your students, but you’ll have all the tools necessary with this resource!
Bloom’s taxonomy is a multi-layered model for encouraging learning by progressing through six levels of increasing complexity. Bloom’s taxonomy encourages learners to engage with knowledge at a deeper and more interactive level, working with what they are learning in the real-world sense, rather than passively taking information on board.
Bloom’s Taxonomy questions
An ideal way for a teacher to engage students is to plan questions that can be used in class discussions or as written assignments. Bloom’s Taxonomy provides a framework for structuring these questions from lower-order thinking to higher-order thinking. The use of questions in the classroom works best if they follow these guidelines:
- The questions are planned and closely linked to the objectives of the lesson
- A climate for open discussion is generated in the classroom, i.e. there are no stupid answers
- Questioning follows the teaching of content or skills
- Closed questions are used to check understanding and recall; open questions are used to generate discussion and debate
- Questions are planned to increase through the cognitive levels from lower-order thinking to higher-order thinking
A valuable tool for teachers to use to generate questions is to use question stems. Question stems are used to generate questions that respond to each level in the taxonomy. Below is a comprehensive list of question stems for all levels that teachers in the class can use.
🌟 Uncover the future of education with "Bloom's Digital Taxonomy: A Reference Guide for Teachers"! Transform your teaching strategies and empower your students with cutting-edge insights on integrating digital tools in the classroom. Don't miss this essential resource for 21st-century educators. Order your copy now on Amazon and make a difference in your students' lives! ➡️ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RLLV15